Boot Order

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
grisu70

Boot Order

Post by grisu70 »

Hi,
I have 4 different Win 10 partition installed on bott it uefi.
They are working great, the only problem is that sometimes, boot it is no more the first boot partition, and pc boot diretly on windows.
I had to enter the bios, change boot order, and save.

Any workaround ?

BIU is set to automatically activae,
alle the boot entry have the option to rename directoy.

Tks in advance
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Boot Order

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Some systems seem to have more problems with this than others. You could check the BIOS boot menu items and try removing all except BIU and see if that helps. Another thing to check is that Fast Startup is actually disabled for each Windows (look at each partition's properties in Partition Work).
grisu70

Post by grisu70 »

Hi,
fast startup ia already disabled for all users, and already i trie to leave only bootit entry in bios,
but once rebooted, the windows manager appear again and added as first boot option.

:(
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Is this an older PC? My gut feeling is that this problem may be more prevalent on older PCs (perhaps with deficient UEFI firmware), but I don't know that.

I had the problem on a relatively inexpensive PC bought in April 2017. I eventually gave up trying to solve it, converted the disk from GPT to MBR and use BIBM.
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

Edit: rewrote the post to be more usefull

I've created a thread with the info on how I set this up: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3818

For me this works consistantly.