BOOTMGR is missing
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:49 am
I have a laptop running windows 7
64bit
HP compag CQ57
I installed Bare metal, and booted it up from disk,
I click yes for setup.
yes for more than 4 partitions ( didnt tick the checkbox)
yes, to setup partition automatically
yes to install Booit to its own partition (didnt tick install to any drive)
setup in progress - creation of EMBR on HD0 Failed.
Then i went into maintenence mode, selected partition work,
and i changed settings in there, and now i get BOOTMGR is missing.
also dont have a win7 recovery disk
Any help much appreciated
thanks
Mick
64bit
HP compag CQ57
I installed Bare metal, and booted it up from disk,
I click yes for setup.
yes for more than 4 partitions ( didnt tick the checkbox)
yes, to setup partition automatically
yes to install Booit to its own partition (didnt tick install to any drive)
setup in progress - creation of EMBR on HD0 Failed.
Then i went into maintenence mode, selected partition work,
and i changed settings in there, and now i get BOOTMGR is missing.
also dont have a win7 recovery disk
Any help much appreciated
thanks
Mick