Page 1 of 1

IFW Win 10 restore problem

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:59 am
by sidecar5
I have a number of Win10 tbi files and want to restore an earlier version however my laptop shows Disk 0 (1TB HDD) as D: and Disk 1 (100GB SSD) as C:
After booting from usb to do a restore, I can get through the prompts but at the 'select drive to restore to' the drives are reversed so the 1TB HDD is now C: and the SSD is now my D: drive (see attachment) and I want to restore my OS to its original drive which is the SSD C; drive.
Any thoughts as I don't want to pull my laptop apart just to unplug the HDD to do the restore.

Re: IFW Win 10 restore problem

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:28 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It's normal for the drive letters to be different when booted to TBWinPE/RE than when in Windows. You just need to select the correct partition/drive when doing the restore. If you're restoring the "OS" partition on the SSD, select that partition as the destination (the restored partition will still be C: in Windows).

Re: IFW Win 10 restore problem

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:05 am
by sidecar5
Thanks for the quick response, I will give it a go tonight.