Unable to open "IFD.DAT"
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:43 pm
When trying to run IFD without a boot disk, as described on this page...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... otfile.htm
...TBOSLDR 1.02 displays the message, Unable to open "IFD.DAT". The message appears for a fraction of a second (I had to shoot a movie of the screen to read the message) and the process aborts and returns to the boot menu. I has just recently installed BootIt BM as an upgrade from BootIt NG, and I selected IFD as an option during installation from CD. I'm not sure what task is responsible for creating IFD.DAT, but regardless of whether it's the BootIt BM installation or bootfile.exe, the file is not present in the EMBR partition. I sure would like to run IFD without a boot disk using bootfile.exe, so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... otfile.htm
...TBOSLDR 1.02 displays the message, Unable to open "IFD.DAT". The message appears for a fraction of a second (I had to shoot a movie of the screen to read the message) and the process aborts and returns to the boot menu. I has just recently installed BootIt BM as an upgrade from BootIt NG, and I selected IFD as an option during installation from CD. I'm not sure what task is responsible for creating IFD.DAT, but regardless of whether it's the BootIt BM installation or bootfile.exe, the file is not present in the EMBR partition. I sure would like to run IFD without a boot disk using bootfile.exe, so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!