Page 1 of 2

Btrfs support

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:13 am
by The Seeker
Does the latest version of IFL support backups/restores of the Btrfs filesystem? I have three partitions on a Fedora 33 install: FAT32 for the EFI partition, ext4 for /boot, and Btrfs for / (default install choices).

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:31 pm
by TeraByte Support
only in raw sector-by-sector mode.

On 11/1/2020 2:13 AM, The Seeker wrote:
> Does the latest version of IFL support backups/restores of the Btrfs filesystem? I have three partitions on a Fedora 33 install: FAT32 for the EFI partition, ext4 for /boot, and Btrfs for / (default install choices).
>
>


Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:17 pm
by The Seeker
TeraByte Support wrote:
> only in raw sector-by-sector mode.

Will this always be the case? Or is full Btrfs support planned?

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:43 am
by The Seeker
I suppose in the meantime I'll use Clonezilla.

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 pm
by The Seeker
So I've been using Clonezilla but boy is it awful compared to IfL. I ask again, is full Btrfs support on the roadmap?

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:57 am
by TeraByte Support
is there a spec for it? I'm not sure of very many that use it.

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:49 am
by The Seeker
TeraByte Support wrote:
> is there a spec for it? I'm not sure of very many that use it.

Not entirely sure what you are asking. Were it an outlier filesystem I wouldn't ask about potential support, but it's now the default when installing Fedora, one of the most popular distros.

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:38 am
by V_RVA
openSUSE 15.2 is also using BTRFS by default.

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:23 pm
by DrTeeth
My distros use the filesystem that *I* decide. EXT 4 used exclusively by all Linuxes here.
Cheers
DrT

Re: Btrfs support

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:06 pm
by The Seeker
DrTeeth wrote:
> My distros use the filesystem that *I* decide. EXT 4 used exclusively by
> all Linuxes here.
> Cheers
> DrT

How is this relevant to future Btrfs support in IFL?