Upgrade from HD MBR to SSD UEFI W10 + W7
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:13 pm
Hello.
I need an advice for migrating OSes and Data on HD (MBR) to SSD (GPT).
I've got a HP Notebook with BIOS that includes UEFI and Legacy support. Actually I'm using the Legacy (MBR) option with a HD and W7, W10 and BIBM installed.
My HD is divided into 4 primary partitions (one for BIBM) and one extended one with several logical partitions (included Data and W7 and W10 Program partitions).
I'd like now to migrate my existing disk and all OSes from MBR to GPT on a new SSD.
My Notebook has a built in esata port that should facilitate the migration from HD to SSD. In addition there's an optical drive built in.
I've already purchased the BootIt Collection and burnt one BootIt UEFI bootable CD and another bootable CD with Image for Windows (Winpe).
Now, I'd appreciate much to get an advice how to proceed optimally the migration.
Many thanks in advance.
I need an advice for migrating OSes and Data on HD (MBR) to SSD (GPT).
I've got a HP Notebook with BIOS that includes UEFI and Legacy support. Actually I'm using the Legacy (MBR) option with a HD and W7, W10 and BIBM installed.
My HD is divided into 4 primary partitions (one for BIBM) and one extended one with several logical partitions (included Data and W7 and W10 Program partitions).
I'd like now to migrate my existing disk and all OSes from MBR to GPT on a new SSD.
My Notebook has a built in esata port that should facilitate the migration from HD to SSD. In addition there's an optical drive built in.
I've already purchased the BootIt Collection and burnt one BootIt UEFI bootable CD and another bootable CD with Image for Windows (Winpe).
Now, I'd appreciate much to get an advice how to proceed optimally the migration.
Many thanks in advance.