Page 1 of 1
Image For Linux 64bit install to Linux Mint
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:02 am
by brucebne
I have to install IFL to Linux Mint.
I downloaded the latest version.
I am a registered owner of the BootIt Collection which includes IFL.
I have installed the software after installing 32bit library components.
I can run Imagel file successfully, but I do not get a prompt to enter my registration details, rather I get the prompt this is an evaluation purpose only.
How can I register IFL?
Re: Image For Linux 64bit install to Linux Mint
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:40 am
by brucebne
OK, I went through all procedures again, from logging into terabyte website to download upgrades, to reinstalling. This time I got a prompt for user name pwd.
However, the registration details are not being saved. I keep getting asked for them each time I open IFL.
Further, when I try to backup a partition, I get the message there are "No usable HD found"
Re: Image For Linux 64bit install to Linux Mint
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:34 am
by brucebne
OK, the registration details are now being saved. (I am not getting a prompt each time I open IFL in Linux.
I achieved this by going back even further in the installation. i.e. I reinstalled the 32 bit libraries, and then rebooted before reinstalling IFL.
However, I am still getting the message "No usable HD found" when trying to do backups.
Re: Image For Linux 64bit install to Linux Mint
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:26 am
by brucebne
OK, resolved the "No usable HD found" issue.
Explored old threads here, and it was an issue with the 'user' (me) not being part of the permissions group "disks".
A user needs this permission to get full access to all partitions on a HDD, before IFL will allow backup and restore operations.
Explanation and solution is here
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=567
I resolved the issue by adding myself to the group 'disk', with the following command in terminal
sudo adduser bruce disk
I then logged out and in to activate.