Page 1 of 1

which linux distros cause problems?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:26 am
by freddygolightly
sorry to ask so many questions, I will try to be brief.

I am going to try these linux distros which I will initially boot from usb:

sparkylinux 5.12
lxle-18043
lubuntu 18.04

I recall from reading long ago that there are some linux distros that have trouble with BIBM to install on hard drive. Once I decide on which distro to use I will incorporate it into BIBM boot setup. I want to avoid any problems due to incompatibility. Thanks.

Re: which linux distros cause problems?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:45 pm
by DrTeeth
On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 03:26:17 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
freddygolightly disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>sorry to ask so many questions, I will try to be brief.
>
>I am going to try these linux distros which I will initially boot from usb:
>
>sparkylinux 5.12
>lxle-18043
>lubuntu 18.04
>
>I recall from reading long ago that there are some linux distros that have trouble with BIBM to install on hard drive. Once I decide on which distro to use I will incorporate it into BIBM boot setup. I want to avoid any problems due to incompatibility. Thanks.
>
I have not heard of any Linux distro causing problems and I have 8
distros installed.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** Amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic.**

Re: which linux distros cause problems?

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:01 am
by freddygolightly
looks like problems with linux distros, especially ubuntu. One of the distros is ubuntu based so maybe I will have trouble installing that?

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=279

and

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/se ... &submit=Go