MBR to GPT using TBOSD
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:13 pm
I have currently Bootit Baremetal installed on a MBR disk on a 2010 computer with MBR Bios. I am building a new PC with UEFI Bios. I plan to first clone the MBR disk to an SSD M2 NVME disk in an enclosure as MBR Disk first. Then I want to use TBOSD script chgdtype to convert MBR external mounted disk to GPT. I will then remove the SSD GPT disk from the enclosure and put in new PC.
My current MBR has following partitions:
1) BootItMBR
2) Image for Linux
3) Win 10
4) Windows Data
5) Win XP
So when I convert this MBR to GPT, will it convert the BootItMBR and IFL partitions to GPT type. Since the BootItMBR is for Legacy BIOS, I am afraid that it will not work on the new EFI motherboard. Also will IFL from MBR disk work on GPT disk?
I have not started this conversion yet. Please let me know if I am on the right path to convert MBR/Embr disk to GPT. Note that once I get win10 working on the new motherboard, I will validate it using a different license key that I have purchased from another oem cd.
Thanks.
-jhaveri
My current MBR has following partitions:
1) BootItMBR
2) Image for Linux
3) Win 10
4) Windows Data
5) Win XP
So when I convert this MBR to GPT, will it convert the BootItMBR and IFL partitions to GPT type. Since the BootItMBR is for Legacy BIOS, I am afraid that it will not work on the new EFI motherboard. Also will IFL from MBR disk work on GPT disk?
I have not started this conversion yet. Please let me know if I am on the right path to convert MBR/Embr disk to GPT. Note that once I get win10 working on the new motherboard, I will validate it using a different license key that I have purchased from another oem cd.
Thanks.
-jhaveri