Page 1 of 1

new install on panasonic tablet

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:13 pm
by chrisangus
Hi all

I have just installed bootit on a new panasonic tablet, I've done this many times on normal laptops and everything works perfect.
On this machine I installed boot it, then windows 10. now everytime the tablet starts it boots to windows, I have reinstalled bootit and reactivated it too, but it still automatically boots windows every time, when I reactivate bootit it says remove the usb drive and reboot but it goes straight in to windows, what could I be doing wrong?

Re: new install on panasonic tablet

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:56 pm
by Bob Coleman
I'm not going to be able to answer the question, but it's probably worth clarifying whether bootit means BIBM (BootIt Bare Metal) or BIU (BootIt UEFI).

Re: new install on panasonic tablet

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:11 pm
by Brian K
Chris,

If it's a UEFI System, try this. Boot your BIU media and in Settings, put a tick in "Auto Reactivate".

In the BIOS Boot Menu (or the BIOS Boot Override), boot "BootIt UEFI"

Does that get you into the installed BIU? Does BIU now load each time you start the computer?

Re: new install on panasonic tablet

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:22 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Assuming UEFI, it may help to delete/remove any unwanted/extra BIOS boot menu items so only BootIt remains.

Re: new install on panasonic tablet

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:33 pm
by chrisangus
Thanks guys, I deleted the boot menu items in the bios and now it works, not sure I fully understand this bios on this machine, it's nothing like i'm used to seeing.