Page 1 of 1
Compatibility with Ventoy
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 pm
by Fracso
I have found that Ventoy, is a useful tool to create multiboot UFDs from ISO files. Very simple to use.
It works well with the IFL ISO, but the IFW WinRE/WinP ISOs are "unsupported". Is there any way to make them compatible?
Re: Compatibility with Ventoy
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:59 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
The TBWinRE/PE ISO files are normal WinRE/PE ISO files. I did a quick test with TBWinRE based on Windows 10 2004 and the ISO booted up okay from a Ventoy UFD. Note that booting ISO files can be problematic and success varies from system to system and ISO to ISO. You may need to try using the MEMDISK or WIMBOOT methods and see if either of those works.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_memdisk.html
https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_wimboot.html
Re: Compatibility with Ventoy
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:17 am
by Hadron
I just tested IFW WinRE and WinPE ISOs with Ventoy MBR, and both worked.
Re: Compatibility with Ventoy
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:02 pm
by Fracso
I tried again, the ISOs worked. The problem was that the names contained spaces.
Re: Compatibility with Ventoy
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:45 am
by Hadron
Great, Fracso.
I found that in the Ventoy FAQ. The second one.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/faq.html
The full path of the iso file (directories,subdirectories and file name) could NOT contain space or non-ascii characters.
I guess your IFL ISO had no spaces or non-ascii characters.