Page 1 of 1

I have 5 terabytes of data (video files) that I need to bac

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:10 am
by clinthulk2
I'm working on a video project that's accumulated 5tb of data. I have no backup as it's all tapeless. [cloud backup services] offers unlimited backups for [a fixed amount] a month. Is this reliable? Will it take too long to be practical to upload with a 2mb/s upload speed? Do you have any other suggestions besides dropping half a grand on externals that are going to just sit right next to my computer anyway?

Re: I have 5 terabytes of data (video files) that I need to bac

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:32 pm
by TeraByte Support
5 to 6TiB USB3 external drives are only around $100-$130. Start at 10 to
12TiB looks like gets in to the $200 range. Probably would want at
least a 10TiB drive unless you don't need backups going back in time
vary far.

When backing up compressed video, you might as well not use compression
if it's mostly what is there to save time.

On 4/25/2020 1:10 AM, clinthulk2 wrote:
> I'm working on a video project that's accumulated 5tb of data.