Page 1 of 1

Unable to boot IFL image on another machine

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm
by eatyakisoba
Hi I made a backup of a laptop(Linux, EFI). After I restore to another laptop(identical model/hardware) I get a message "Insert system disk in drive" "Check if Boot mode is correct in BIOS".

The backup and restore both say that they completed successfully.

Is there some simple setting that I need to do when creating the backup to allow the restore to work? :?:

Thanks

Re: Unable to boot IFL image on another machine

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:55 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Was the backup and restore of the entire drive? What options did you use when you restored the image?

Did you check the boot mode in the BIOS as suggested by the error message? If the laptop was trying to boot the wrong mode (Legacy) that would prevent booting since the source was UEFI. Otherwise, you could try directly booting the drive, EFI System partition, or Linux entry (if detected) using the BIOS boot menu.