Page 1 of 2
Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:59 am
by Bob Coleman
Date and time, as far as I can tell is shown as "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm" or "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss". However, it the IFW log file the date/time stamps are of the format "mm/dd/yyy hh:mm:ss xM". Is there any way to change this?
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:14 am
by Brian K
I'd prefer "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" (24 hour clock)
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:40 pm
by DrTeeth
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 17:14:18 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
Brian K disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>I'd prefer "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" (24 hour clock)
I am such a 24 hour clock man that I can only use digital watches!
OTOH, I'd prefer dd-mm-yyyy for the date.
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic.**
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:02 pm
by Bob Coleman
Brian K wrote:
> I'd prefer "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" (24 hour clock)
Yes, that's basically my point. I can't prove it now, but I'm pretty sure I had that format at some point.
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:15 am
by Brian K
I use ISO8601 Date/Time in BIU and the ifu.log shows...
YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm
I think the USA is the only country using MM-DD-YYYY. We find it "unusual" having the month first.
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:27 pm
by Bob Coleman
Brian K wrote:
> I use ISO8601 Date/Time in BIU and the ifu.log shows...
>
> YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm
>
> I think the USA is the only country using MM-DD-YYYY.
Yes, probably.
> We find it "unusual" having the month first.
No argument from me there. Unfortunately, we're probably the only one to use miles also.
Back to the main point, you do have MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS in the IFW log though, right?
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:16 pm
by Brian K
Bob Coleman wrote:
>
> Back to the main point, you do have MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS in the IFW log though, right?
Yes, I do.
But ifu.log has ISO8601 Date/Time.
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:53 am
by tas3086
In Windows Settings - 'change date and time formats', and set the short date to yyyy-mm-dd ..... time as well.
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:01 am
by Brian K
tas3086 wrote:
> In Windows Settings - 'change date and time formats', and set the short
> date to yyyy-mm-dd ..... time as well.
That's what I have. Unfortunately, IFW.LOG still shows MM/DD/YYYY.
Re: Format of timestamps IFW log
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:54 am
by TeraByte Support
You can enable /iso8601 (in the .ini file: ISO8601=1) to get yyyy-mm-dd
format.
On 11/21/2019 4:59 PM, Bob Coleman wrote:
> Date and time, as far as I can tell is shown as "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm" or "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss". However, it the IFW log file the date/time stamps are of the format "mm/dd/yyy hh:mm:ss xM". Is there any way to change this?
>
>