Issue: IFL 3.33 and User Scripts
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:56 pm
Hello,
First a bit of background information:
I use BootIt UEFI to multi-boot my system. I also use BootNow UEFI to speed up the booting process between my different bootable partitions. I have been doing this since both BootIt UEFI and BootNow UEFI were first released. I have been using BootNow UEFI within Windows, Linux, and IFL with total success. I give this information to clarify that it is very unlikely that I am doing something wrong.
The issue started with today's release of IFL 3.33 ( I use the 64 bit version). I created my boot media as normal (and yes, my BootNow UEFI scripts that I use are indeed in the IFL "scripts" folder when I make the media). I always then test the boot media to see if it does indeed boot and then copy it to its own bootable partition on my hard drive. That was all done with success. The issue is that once I am booted into IFL 3.33 and I try to display user scripts in order to use BootNow UEFI, IFL tells me that there are no user scripts available. I went through the process of recreating my boot media a second time to verify whether I may have inadvertently made a mistake but I ended up with the same issue, no user scripts available from within IFL.
I have been doing this for a long time now and have the routine down very well in creating the IFL boot media. Nothing has changed in my procedures except the new IFL 3.33 version that I used. Since I am almost 100 per cent sure that this issue is not due to user error, I can only assume that there is an issue/bug with the new IFL 3.33.
Can anyone report back whether they are seeing this same issue or not. It would be very much appreciated. I am at a loss at the moment as how to proceed to get user scripts within IFL working again. If any more information is needed, please do not hesitate to ask...
First a bit of background information:
I use BootIt UEFI to multi-boot my system. I also use BootNow UEFI to speed up the booting process between my different bootable partitions. I have been doing this since both BootIt UEFI and BootNow UEFI were first released. I have been using BootNow UEFI within Windows, Linux, and IFL with total success. I give this information to clarify that it is very unlikely that I am doing something wrong.
The issue started with today's release of IFL 3.33 ( I use the 64 bit version). I created my boot media as normal (and yes, my BootNow UEFI scripts that I use are indeed in the IFL "scripts" folder when I make the media). I always then test the boot media to see if it does indeed boot and then copy it to its own bootable partition on my hard drive. That was all done with success. The issue is that once I am booted into IFL 3.33 and I try to display user scripts in order to use BootNow UEFI, IFL tells me that there are no user scripts available. I went through the process of recreating my boot media a second time to verify whether I may have inadvertently made a mistake but I ended up with the same issue, no user scripts available from within IFL.
I have been doing this for a long time now and have the routine down very well in creating the IFL boot media. Nothing has changed in my procedures except the new IFL 3.33 version that I used. Since I am almost 100 per cent sure that this issue is not due to user error, I can only assume that there is an issue/bug with the new IFL 3.33.
Can anyone report back whether they are seeing this same issue or not. It would be very much appreciated. I am at a loss at the moment as how to proceed to get user scripts within IFL working again. If any more information is needed, please do not hesitate to ask...