Page 1 of 1

IFW can't eject usb disk

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:40 pm
by stevop123
Hello,

I've been using IFW 3.32 to make backups to and from an external usb drive. The external drive is a windows system image. I've noticed lately that when I do a restore to the usb drive windows won't let me eject it. It says it can't safely remove it.

Windows can't stop your 'Volume' device because a program is still using it.

I've closed all explorer windows and IFW, but Windows won't eject it. Has anyone else noticed this? My system is Windows Pro x64 v1903.

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: IFW can't eject usb disk

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:47 pm
by stevop123
BTW, I don't have PHYLock installed since I'm not backing up the host system.

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: IFW can't eject usb disk

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:25 am
by TeraByte Support
You can use process explorer to find what may be holding it up. Via
Find, searching say X:\


On 9/25/2019 7:40 AM, stevop123 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using IFW 3.32 to make backups to and from an external usb drive. The external drive is a windows system image. I've noticed lately that when I do a restore to the usb drive windows won't let me eject it. It says it can't safely remove it.
>
> Windows can't stop your 'Volume' device because a program is still using it.
>
> I've closed all explorer windows and IFW, but Windows won't eject it. Has anyone else noticed this? My system is Windows Pro x64 v1903.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen
>
>