Page 1 of 1

TBIHD

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 pm
by nwziegelmeyer
Hi
I'm looking for a tutorial/instructions on how to use TBIHD? No so far intuitively. Not having any luck. Thanks

Re: TBIHD

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:47 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It will mount the backup image as a new disk. It will show in Disk Management, for example, and drive letters can be assigned to partitions, etc. Note that if you're mounting a backup of a drive that is currently in the system you'll need to use the "Enable Simulated Writes" and "Change Disk Sig/GUIDs" options or it will be set offline due to signature collisions.

Is there something in particular you're trying to accomplish with it?

Re: TBIHD

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:54 am
by nwziegelmeyer
Yes. I want to add some files to an existing image. It's very large and(200gb) and I thought it would be quicker than moving the files to the drive and doing another backup. Do you mean that if the image is of a drive existing on the computer that the drive id changes have to be made? If so I don't know anything about those changes or what they would be and if I figured that out does that mean that I wouldn't be able to restore the image to the original drive after the process? Thanks

Re: TBIHD

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:33 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
No changes are made to the original backup image. You would still need to create a new backup of the mounted image to save any changes you made. If the signatures/GUIDs were changed those would also be changed in the new backup. To avoid changing them you could use TBOSDT to copy the new files in (it will mount when offline) or you could mount it on another system so no signature collision. After the changes you'd make a new backup (can be a differential if no collision).