Page 1 of 1

Restore to smaller (SSD) drive question

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:45 pm
by Fracso
In the original drive there are 3 system partitions and one large data partition at the end.

I want to conserve the sizes of the system partitions, including the OS (C:) partition, and reduce only the size of data partition, to fit in the new drive.

Is this possible? What restore options should I use?

Re: Restore to smaller (SSD) drive question

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm
by Brian K

Re: Restore to smaller (SSD) drive question

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:59 pm
by Fracso
Yes, helpful, thanks.

I tried, using Scale to fit. The sizes of the small system partitions were not changed. The OS partition was reduced, which is the result I don“t want. Also the data partition.

But in this case it is easy to change partitions after the restore - reduce the data partition from the left, extend the OS from the right in the same amount.

Re: Restore to smaller (SSD) drive question

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:49 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
You could restore just the three system partitions to the drive (as a single restore, without using a scale option) and then restore the data partition into the remaining space.

Re: Restore to smaller (SSD) drive question

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:04 pm
by Fracso
I'll try it, thanks. But I have tried similar restores in the past and sometimes I got boot failures, had to to repairs.