I also use Hibernation and have Fast Start turned off. I dual boot too. I
have two versions of Windows I boot at times.
I have Fast Start turned off in each one.
When I want to boot to another, I shut down first.
Then reboot and select the other.
When done with that, shut down the computer before booting to the other one.
This was my data partition nor the two OS partitions ever get corrupted.
They did in the past before I started doing it this way.
You can use BareMetal to turn off Fast Start but off hand I don't remember
how.
But also do it by going to Cortana Search and type in "Control Panel".
Open "Control Panel".
Go to "Hardware and Sound".
Go to "Power Options".
On left click on "Choose what the power buttons do".
Under "Define power buttons and turn on password protection".
Click on the link for "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
Under "Shutdown Settings" take the check mark out for "Turn on Fast Start".
Like others say you might want to check the setting because sometimes a
major update turns it back on.
I haven't had that happen with the last two major upgrades of Windows 10.
Ed.
"CyberSimian" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
30075 wrote:
> The option wasn't showing up for me, but it turns out
> both installs had hibernation disabled entirely in the registry.
As I said, the "Fast Start" setting is well hidden, and Microsoft usually
enable it again when a large update occurs.
I don't know the significance of hibernation being disabled in the registry,
but I would not assume that it means that "Fast Start" is disabled.
Pessimistically, I would assume that if "Fast Start" is enabled, it occurs
even when hibernation is disabled. What does BIBM show on the "Properties"
panel? If it still shows "Fast Start" is enabled, you run the risk of file
system corruption in the circumstances that I described previously.
I have hibernation enabled, and "Fast Start" disabled, and BIBM shows that
indeed "Fast Start" is disabled.
-- from CyberSimian in the UK