Page 1 of 1
Tbiview fails to open .tbi image
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm
by Sussexlad
I thought this might be useful to have but can't get it to work.
tbiview opens OK and I can point it at the file on the external drive, where it show two partitions
MBR 0 Partition (01) 500MiB Linux Native
MBR 1 Partition (02) 237974MiB Linux LVM
These archives restore perfectly well but tbiview wont open them, reporting 'Dirty file, wrong format etc. etc. '
How can I make it work so that I can extract any individual file from the archive?
TIA
Re: Tbiview fails to open .tbi image
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:20 pm
by Sussexlad
For information I'm using Centos 7 and have used IFL for a long time now. The error report I get when trying to open the image is...
Unable to mount the image. │
Common reasons: dirty file system, incorrect partition file system identifier, unsupported file system, or an error occurred.
As the image restores OK, I assume there are no errors. I have no control over the other factors - neither do I know sufficient to do so - I simply follow the instructions to produce the image, so is there any way to get tbiview to open it?
TIA
Re: Tbiview fails to open .tbi image
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:46 pm
by TeraByte Support
the native partition should option if using ext2/3/4, but the lvm partition
won't. You can use tbimount on the boot disk instead.
"Sussexlad" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
For information I'm using Centos 7 and have used IFL for a long time now.
The error report I get when trying to open the image is...
Unable to mount the image. ?
Common reasons: dirty file system, incorrect partition file system
identifier, unsupported file system, or an error occurred.
As the image restores OK, I assume there are no errors. I have no control
over the other factors - neither do I know sufficient to do so - I simply
follow the instructions to produce the image, so is there any way to get
tbiview to open it?
TIA
Re: Tbiview fails to open .tbi image
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
You can also run the 'start-lvm' script from a Terminal in IFL to load the volumes and then you can back them up separately (each will show as a drive entry). There is more information on backing up and restoring LVM partitions in the lvm.txt file located in the help folder included with the IFL files.