2 TB USB HDD in BIBM - 'Errors Exist', in IFL healthy
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:48 pm
USB HDD in BIBM - Errors Exist, in IFL healthy
I have a 2TB Western Digital USB HDD with a lot of partitions on it (cf. HD6 in the attached partinfo and IFL photo).
I normally plug the HDD Power and USB cable in while in BIOS but then still have to do a Restart from BIBM in order for it to recognize the HDD.
I don't know what happened. But for some time I keep getting a BIBM ''Errors Exist'' notification in Work with Partitions when selecting this drive. Its indicated size is 14,56 EiB. Win7 Disk Management and IFL report all Primary Partitions on that External USB HDD as healthy. The latter two do not require the USB HDD to be plugged in at BIOS.
I found out that when changing the Bus from "BIOS" to "BIOS direct", the system hangs but after Restart BIBM recognizes the USB HDD without Error notificcation. I can see all partitions and edit them. Then the Bus is of course BIOS again and after the next start the faulty situation is back again. The workaround just functions for 1 session.
Is there a persisting solution to this problem considering the fact that the same HDD performed error-free some months before?
I have a 2TB Western Digital USB HDD with a lot of partitions on it (cf. HD6 in the attached partinfo and IFL photo).
I normally plug the HDD Power and USB cable in while in BIOS but then still have to do a Restart from BIBM in order for it to recognize the HDD.
I don't know what happened. But for some time I keep getting a BIBM ''Errors Exist'' notification in Work with Partitions when selecting this drive. Its indicated size is 14,56 EiB. Win7 Disk Management and IFL report all Primary Partitions on that External USB HDD as healthy. The latter two do not require the USB HDD to be plugged in at BIOS.
I found out that when changing the Bus from "BIOS" to "BIOS direct", the system hangs but after Restart BIBM recognizes the USB HDD without Error notificcation. I can see all partitions and edit them. Then the Bus is of course BIOS again and after the next start the faulty situation is back again. The workaround just functions for 1 session.
Is there a persisting solution to this problem considering the fact that the same HDD performed error-free some months before?