Unable to create a bootable CD for BIBM 1.57 with makedisk
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:50 pm
I recently bought and downloaded a BootIt Collection Upgrade and also downloaded an Upgrade to my ''Terabyte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite" from V2 to V3.'
I managed to install the latter and successfully used it to create an IFL boot CD by means of makedisk.exe.
However, I was not able to use makedisk.exe to create a bootable CD for BIBM 1.57. I got the notification that the validation was successful and that the process has completed successfully. However, when I looked at the contents of the CD it only showed the file "CONTENTS.TXT" with a size of 1 KB although the properties of the CD drive show an occupied disk space of 2,86 MB. When booting from that CD I only got a narrow blue bar at the upper edge of the screen (Attachment 1). Pressing ESC then just produced a similarly narrow pattern of bars in three colours at the upper edge (Attachment 2).
What puzzles me about the properties of my CD drive is the indicated file system CDFS. I therefore tried to run makedisk on a UDF-formatted CD but that one did not boot at all. All these problems of formatting or whatever else it is do not appear at all when creating the boot CDs from the Suite.
Why can I create a functioning IFL boot CD but not a functioning BIBM boot CD?
I managed to install the latter and successfully used it to create an IFL boot CD by means of makedisk.exe.
However, I was not able to use makedisk.exe to create a bootable CD for BIBM 1.57. I got the notification that the validation was successful and that the process has completed successfully. However, when I looked at the contents of the CD it only showed the file "CONTENTS.TXT" with a size of 1 KB although the properties of the CD drive show an occupied disk space of 2,86 MB. When booting from that CD I only got a narrow blue bar at the upper edge of the screen (Attachment 1). Pressing ESC then just produced a similarly narrow pattern of bars in three colours at the upper edge (Attachment 2).
What puzzles me about the properties of my CD drive is the indicated file system CDFS. I therefore tried to run makedisk on a UDF-formatted CD but that one did not boot at all. All these problems of formatting or whatever else it is do not appear at all when creating the boot CDs from the Suite.
Why can I create a functioning IFL boot CD but not a functioning BIBM boot CD?