Page 1 of 1

Simple Operations TBI filename - can I add descriptive text?

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 pm
by SuffolkPunch
When doing a full Image for Linux backup using simple operations, the resulting files/folders are rather undescriptively named?

Is it possible to change the default .tbi file name simple ops creates in order to make it more descriptive? For example, add the text string 'just before windows update' at the end of the .tbi filename?

Failing that, is it ok to add a text file to the folders created by simple ops?

I'm using IfL v3.27.

Martin

Re: Simple Operations TBI filename - can I add descriptive t

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:07 pm
by RicoS
SuffolkPunch wrote:
> When doing a full Image for Linux backup using simple operations, the
> resulting files/folders are rather undescriptively named?
>
> Is it possible to change the default .tbi file name simple ops creates in
> order to make it more descriptive? For example, add the text string 'just
> before windows update' at the end of the .tbi filename?
>
> Failing that, is it ok to add a text file to the folders created by simple
> ops?
>
> I'm using IfL v3.27.
>
> Martin
Have the same question here too. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Rico

Re: Simple Operations TBI filename - can I add descriptive t

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:42 pm
by TeraByte Support
anything in the folders where the simple mode .tbi files are may be deleted
at some point.

the files aren't meant to be accessed directly, use the UI.

You can use traditional mode to manage your own descriptions, filenames,
etc..


"RicoS" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

SuffolkPunch wrote:
> When doing a full Image for Linux backup using simple operations, the
> resulting files/folders are rather undescriptively named?
>
> Is it possible to change the default .tbi file name simple ops creates in
> order to make it more descriptive? For example, add the text string 'just
> before windows update' at the end of the .tbi filename?
>
> Failing that, is it ok to add a text file to the folders created by simple
> ops?
>
> I'm using IfL v3.27.
>
> Martin
Have the same question here too. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Rico