IFU unable to access NTFS volume on HDD
Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 am
I originally posted this problem in the BootIt forum but further testing indicates this is a problem with IFU.
What I want to do is use IFU within BIU to backup the EFI and OS partitions on an SSD to an NTFS partition on an HDD. I have tried using IFU (ver 3.29) directly and within BIU and both have been unable to access the HDD.
When I boot IFU directly, it does not list the SSD as a possible drive for backup. It shows only the HDD and the USB stick I used to boot IFU. For testing purposes, I attempted to backup the HDD but it immediately fails with the message "A read error occurred while accessing the drive."
When I try IFU from within BIU, I am able to select the SSD for backup but IFU fails with the same message when I select the HDD as the target for the backup file.
When I try to do the backup, I elect options as follows:
Backup -> Full Backup -> Physical Drive -> from Hard Drive 0 (the SSD) -> all partitions -> Single File Set -> File (Direct) -> Physical Drive -> to Hard Drive 1 (the HDD) -> "A read error occurred while accessing the drive."
The HDD appears to be OK. I can backup to it successfully using IFL and within BIU I can access a text file on the HDD using the text editor in the partition-work utility.
I did not find a similar problem reported elsewhere so I posted this. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for why IFU and BIU/IFU cannot access the HDD?
What I want to do is use IFU within BIU to backup the EFI and OS partitions on an SSD to an NTFS partition on an HDD. I have tried using IFU (ver 3.29) directly and within BIU and both have been unable to access the HDD.
When I boot IFU directly, it does not list the SSD as a possible drive for backup. It shows only the HDD and the USB stick I used to boot IFU. For testing purposes, I attempted to backup the HDD but it immediately fails with the message "A read error occurred while accessing the drive."
When I try IFU from within BIU, I am able to select the SSD for backup but IFU fails with the same message when I select the HDD as the target for the backup file.
When I try to do the backup, I elect options as follows:
Backup -> Full Backup -> Physical Drive -> from Hard Drive 0 (the SSD) -> all partitions -> Single File Set -> File (Direct) -> Physical Drive -> to Hard Drive 1 (the HDD) -> "A read error occurred while accessing the drive."
The HDD appears to be OK. I can backup to it successfully using IFL and within BIU I can access a text file on the HDD using the text editor in the partition-work utility.
I did not find a similar problem reported elsewhere so I posted this. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for why IFU and BIU/IFU cannot access the HDD?