Can't install Ubuntu 18.04.2 error EFI on top of Legacy
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:43 pm
Have been trying to install Ubuntu on an Asus Z270E computer.
WIn 10 was installed in Legacy mode originally (MBR)
I installed BIBM with no problem.
Set it up for the Ubuntu install, everything was okay.
Used the USB stick for the Ubuntu install, everything seemed to go okay until near the end when it popped up a message saying something like " EFI on top of Legacy install " then the install brought up a screen saying it's a known problem but no solution that I could find.
Booted back into BIBM and it showed the Ubuntu partition was not bootable.
I looked in the BIOS and the USB boot stick was set for UEFI:USBxxxx
I changed that to non UEFI USB and when I tried again to install, it gets so far and just hangs.
Is there a solution for this ?
I do have multiple distros on my old (non UEFI )computer including 18.04.2 but wanted to retire the old computer and just have the one desktop.
WIn 10 was installed in Legacy mode originally (MBR)
I installed BIBM with no problem.
Set it up for the Ubuntu install, everything was okay.
Used the USB stick for the Ubuntu install, everything seemed to go okay until near the end when it popped up a message saying something like " EFI on top of Legacy install " then the install brought up a screen saying it's a known problem but no solution that I could find.
Booted back into BIBM and it showed the Ubuntu partition was not bootable.
I looked in the BIOS and the USB boot stick was set for UEFI:USBxxxx
I changed that to non UEFI USB and when I tried again to install, it gets so far and just hangs.
Is there a solution for this ?
I do have multiple distros on my old (non UEFI )computer including 18.04.2 but wanted to retire the old computer and just have the one desktop.