Multiple Batch files
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:35 pm
I use 3 batch files to create partition images for 3 separate partitions, then use a 4th batch file to call the other 3 via Task Scheduler in Windows 10. Lately, one or more of the batch files has been skipped. Here are the batch files, created by IFW v3.28 and modified by me. They've worked great for years across various iterations of IFW.
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w3@0x3 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Win10ProA\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Win10ProA" /vb
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w4@0x2 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Prog10A\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Prog10A" /vb
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w0@0x2 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Users10A\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Users10A" /vb
And the one to call them all;
Call BackupWin10ProA.BAT
Call BackupProg10A.BAT
Call BackupUsers10A.BAT
Today I ran the fourth batch file via Task Scheduler, but only two of the files completed. When I opened an Elevated Command Prompt to run the batch file that had not been run, it opened IFW GUI (as expected) and I got a popup to the effect, "Delete Phylock.swp" with a Yes and No button. I clicked Yes, and the batch file ran normally.
I'm thinking that popup asking for user intervention is the failure cause for one of the batch files not running to completion, but I'm not sure what is causing the popup.
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w3@0x3 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Win10ProA\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Win10ProA" /vb
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w4@0x2 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Prog10A\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Prog10A" /vb
"U:\Program Files\TeraByte Drive Image\imagew64.exe" /wait /b /d:w0@0x2 /priority:4 /f:"K:\DH87RL10A\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$\Users10A\$~MM$-$~DD$-$~YYYY$-Users10A" /vb
And the one to call them all;
Call BackupWin10ProA.BAT
Call BackupProg10A.BAT
Call BackupUsers10A.BAT
Today I ran the fourth batch file via Task Scheduler, but only two of the files completed. When I opened an Elevated Command Prompt to run the batch file that had not been run, it opened IFW GUI (as expected) and I got a popup to the effect, "Delete Phylock.swp" with a Yes and No button. I clicked Yes, and the batch file ran normally.
I'm thinking that popup asking for user intervention is the failure cause for one of the batch files not running to completion, but I'm not sure what is causing the popup.