Page 1 of 1

WinPE

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:54 pm
by ronk
Looking for instructions (since I forgot how) to build upgrade my WinPE (with IFW) usb stick from 3.22a to current version 3.29. Tried the WinPE Builder, but it's looking for a folder I don't have.
Sorry, just point me to the documentation. On Windows 10 build 17763

Thanks,
Ron

Re: WinPE

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:35 pm
by ronk
OK, Never mind last post. Found this in the TBWinRE folder, the tbwinpe.exe which gives me the option to build the winpe w IFW on usb drive I guess the IFW doc references this a bit. But this just seemed a bit unintuitive (finding the right folder/etc).

Ron

Re: WinPE

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:47 pm
by Bob Coleman
If you have installed IFW, you should find "IFW-Create Recovery Boot Disk" in the start menu.

Re: WinPE

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:57 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
In IFW, if using Simple Operations mode, there is a button on the Welcome screen will launch TBWinPE Builder. Otherwise, regardless of the mode used, in IFW Settings > General tab > Create Boot Media section, click the "Windows" button to launch it.

Re: WinPE

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:31 pm
by ronk
Thanks for the responses. Though my results were the same, I have been doing it the hard way :oops: looking for tbwinpe.exe , but nice to see the 'boot media' initiates the same process out of IFW.

Ron