Page 1 of 1

Error code 200 with 3.0.28 (but not 3.0.24)

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:46 pm
by Scott
I had been using IFW 3.0.24 for months with no issues.

Updated to 3.0.28 and had a byte-for-byte validation error (error code 200) when creating an image of my Windows partition. Rebooted and tried again--another error code 200.

Replaced the contents of the IFW installation directory with a backup of the 3.0.24 files, and tried again--no issues. It completed fine, with the same settings.

Not sure what is going on here. I'm using VSS under Win10 Pro x64.

Re: Error code 200 with 3.0.28 (but not 3.0.24)

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:02 pm
by TeraByte Support
You should follow https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=151

you can also compare the sessions in ifw.log to see if looks like same
options, add /logl:10 for more details.


"Scott" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I had been using IFW 3.0.24 for months with no issues.

Updated to 3.0.28 and had a byte-for-byte validation error (error code 200)
when creating an image of my Windows partition. Rebooted and tried
again--another error code 200.

Replaced the contents of the IFW installation directory with a backup of the
3.0.24 files, and tried again--no issues. It completed fine, with the same
settings.

Not sure what is going on here. I'm using VSS under Win10 Pro x64.


Re: Error code 200 with 3.0.28 (but not 3.0.24)

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:19 am
by Scott
Not the first time I've been advised to read an article I (originally) wrote. :)

For some reason, the "Exclude Files to Not Snapshot" setting was off. I enabled it, changed the compression from "Enhanced - D" to "Enhanced - E" (for no particular reason), and the first backup was a success.

Still, some difference between 3.0.24 and 3.0.28 seems likely to have something to do with this behavior.

Thanks.

Re: Error code 200 with 3.0.28 (but not 3.0.24)

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:15 am
by TeraByte Support
You should still run the memory test.

You can also use the log to find the lba then use findlbaf to find the file
or if keeping failed backups for the test, run tbiview, and use the tool in
there to find the file at the lba.


"Scott" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Not the first time I've been advised to read an article I (originally)
wrote.

![:)]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif)

For some reason, the "Exclude Files to Not Snapshot" setting was off. I
enabled it, changed the compression from "Enhanced - D" to "Enhanced - E"
(for no particular reason), and the first backup was a success.

Still, some difference between 3.0.24 and 3.0.28 seems likely to have
something to do with this behavior.

Thanks.