Page 1 of 1
on reboot bibm crashes
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm
by RFSndrs
A problem has just occured on BIBM v 1.54 on my laptop. Whenever I reboot, I get the BIBM DOS screen with 2 EMBR lines and Please wait..... Then a flashing cursor on the left side just below the Please wait... line. Nothing else happens. I can reboot (Ctrl>Alt>Del) and all boots okay. I dual boot into Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19 and it happens no matter which OS I reboot from.
Any ideas what my problem may be?
Thanks in advance,
Bob S
Re: on reboot bibm crashes
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:21 pm
by TeraByte Support
you can try disabling quick startup / boot in your BIOS.
"RFSndrs" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
A problem has just occured on BIBM v 1.54 on my laptop. Whenever I reboot,
I get the BIBM DOS screen with 2 EMBR lines and Please wait..... Then a
flashing cursor on the left side just below the Please wait... line. Nothing
else happens. I can reboot (Ctrl>Alt>Del) and all boots okay. I dual boot
into Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19 and it happens no matter which OS I reboot
from.
Any ideas what my problem may be?
Thanks in advance,
Bob S
Re: on reboot bibm crashes
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:15 pm
by RFSndrs
It is disabled.
BTW, I have to power off then on to reboot. Ctrl>Alt>Del does nothing.
Thanks,
Bob S
Re: on reboot bibm crashes
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:19 pm
by TeraByte Support
then look for a BIOS update. The BIOS is not fully initializing a device
that the prior OS messed with at shutdown.
"RFSndrs" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
It is disabled.
BTW, I have to power off then on to reboot. Ctrl>Alt>Del does nothing.
Thanks,
Bob S
Re: on reboot bibm crashes
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:19 pm
by TeraByte Support
I should point out that a bios reset to default sometimes helps.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
then look for a BIOS update. The BIOS is not fully initializing a device
that the prior OS messed with at shutdown.
"RFSndrs" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
It is disabled.
BTW, I have to power off then on to reboot. Ctrl>Alt>Del does nothing.
Thanks,
Bob S