UEFI imaging
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:36 pm
I just transitioned to UEFI for both Windows and Linux and have three questions after being unsuccessful in restoring a Windows Image.
1. If I'm not using secure boot, do I need to copy and restore the MSR, EFI and the Recovery partition as well as the Windows OS partition? (I tried just restoring Windows and it didn't work.)
2. Do I need to boot with the IFW UEFI recovery disk to complete a restore, as opposed to trying to restore Windows by booting to my Linux partition?
3. Will Linux have the same restore issues if I try to restore from Window? i.e., do I need to restore the swap as well as any home partition in addition to the boot partition?
Thanks.
1. If I'm not using secure boot, do I need to copy and restore the MSR, EFI and the Recovery partition as well as the Windows OS partition? (I tried just restoring Windows and it didn't work.)
2. Do I need to boot with the IFW UEFI recovery disk to complete a restore, as opposed to trying to restore Windows by booting to my Linux partition?
3. Will Linux have the same restore issues if I try to restore from Window? i.e., do I need to restore the swap as well as any home partition in addition to the boot partition?
Thanks.