Page 1 of 2
WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:52 pm
by GoogerGrape
SO frustrating. Weeded through 22 pages of search results and found no list of the translation of the error codes. This information should be in the manual!
I cannot use the IFWv2.cmd script because I am not using imagew.exe. This is all command line.
I have a working process that has worked for years and with a new update of our software, image.exe is now returning Error Code 32. But I have no idea what that means or how to address it. Can anyone please assist? Is there a link to the error codes and what they all mean?
Thanks in advance.
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
The log should show the error text as well as the number.
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:54 pm
by GoogerGrape
The media from which it is running is non-writable. There is no other information on the screen. Surely there is some way to tell what this error code means?
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 pm
by tas3086
Many users have asked in the past for an error code listing and possible recovery suggestions. Terabyte's only response has been to see what the log says.
Hard to believe that they do not know what the numbers mean.
I too have an automated system and error codes determine what recovery actions to take. Every time I get a new code, I update the program.
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:19 pm
by Brian K
GoogerGrape wrote:
> The media from which it is running is non-writable.
Maybe you could run the app on a USB flash drive and look at the log.
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:35 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It may also be possible to configure to save the log to a different location that is writable (using /logfile on command line or LogFile in INI file).
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:46 pm
by GoogerGrape
TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> It may also be possible to configure to save the log to a different
> location that is writable (using /logfile on command line or LogFile in INI
> file).
There is no other media that can be written to. The CDROM is booting and imaging a SATA DOM that has nothing but a RAW partition and this is a fully automated process using the /un (unattended) flag.
Are you saying that you do not know what error code 32 means?
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:03 am
by tas3086
Maybe run off a usb drive and log there, however I have a lot of problems as my keyboard and mouse lock up in IFW.
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:53 pm
by GoogerGrape
tas3086 wrote:
> Maybe run off a usb drive and log there, however I have a lot of problems
> as my keyboard and mouse lock up in IFW.
This is a dark system that is completely stand alone. The USB ports on the motherboard have been disabled.
Re: WHERE can I find error code translation?!
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:27 pm
by Brian K
GoogerGrape wrote:
>>
> I have a working process that has worked for years and with a new update of
> our software,
Do you mean the latest version of IFD is causing the error?
> This is a dark system that is completely stand alone.
If you desire, IFD can be run without using a CD...
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto ... otfile.htm