Partitions not showing on an EMBR disk
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:24 am
I think my solution will be the one I tried to circumvent (by trying out BootIT BM) which is using 3 primary and 1 extended, OR consolidate my partitions. Unless I am missing something.
Dual boot configuration, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 (both 64bit).
Win partitions: OS and a shared data
Linux partitions: SWAP , /boot , / , /home
(6 Total primary partitions)
(Old bios, so no UEFI support)
Installed BIBM (not limiting primaries), Installed Win7, reactivated BIBM, and then installed Ubuntu (following the instructions @ https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=279 ) and re-initiated Ubuntu's bootloader.
My problem is that I can't see the windows partitions from within linux, or BIMB partition. Going to "Boot Edit" doesn't solve the issue because it won't let me add the 2 window partitions, unless i remove one (or two) of the 4 "menu" items for Ubuntu.
Thank you for your time
PS#1 I have attached a gparted screenshot where it shows all 3 partitions as unallocated space.
PS#2: I came across a peculiar mouse behavior during running BIMB from CD (before installing it) and long after. Even though I had enabled mouse support in setup options and "Enable legacy usb" was enabled in my BIOS and mouse was attached during boot, the mouse would refuse to work (Installed BIMB and Windows using the keyboard) until I plugged another mouse in its port. After that, I had no issues what so ever with the mouse (but i have kept the 2nd mouse close by, just in case)
Dual boot configuration, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 (both 64bit).
Win partitions: OS and a shared data
Linux partitions: SWAP , /boot , / , /home
(6 Total primary partitions)
(Old bios, so no UEFI support)
Installed BIBM (not limiting primaries), Installed Win7, reactivated BIBM, and then installed Ubuntu (following the instructions @ https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=279 ) and re-initiated Ubuntu's bootloader.
My problem is that I can't see the windows partitions from within linux, or BIMB partition. Going to "Boot Edit" doesn't solve the issue because it won't let me add the 2 window partitions, unless i remove one (or two) of the 4 "menu" items for Ubuntu.
Thank you for your time
PS#1 I have attached a gparted screenshot where it shows all 3 partitions as unallocated space.
PS#2: I came across a peculiar mouse behavior during running BIMB from CD (before installing it) and long after. Even though I had enabled mouse support in setup options and "Enable legacy usb" was enabled in my BIOS and mouse was attached during boot, the mouse would refuse to work (Installed BIMB and Windows using the keyboard) until I plugged another mouse in its port. After that, I had no issues what so ever with the mouse (but i have kept the 2nd mouse close by, just in case)