IFL - Image much smaller than expected with 3.24
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:34 pm
Hi
I have used IFL reliably for some time and have no hesitation in reloading an image if I get in a mess! I have been using 3.20 but downloaded 3.24 yesterday and it's not working as I expected.
I immediately knew there was something wrong, when instead of 50 or so minutes, producing an image of 35GB, it was all over in 16 minutes with a file around 10GB.
I'm no expert but have checked as much as I can and the only difference I can spot, is that when copying the MBR1 Partition 02 237974 MiB it normally says Linux LVM but with 3.24 it has XFS at the end instead of LVM.
I've checked the command after selecting all the various options and as I far as I can see they are identical.
It doesn't match the timings but it seems to show it's backing up 475,000MiB with a normal backup but with 3.24, only around 47,000 ! Oh and I've tried both 32 & 64 bit versions. This is a 64 bit PC and am at a loss.
Cheers
I have used IFL reliably for some time and have no hesitation in reloading an image if I get in a mess! I have been using 3.20 but downloaded 3.24 yesterday and it's not working as I expected.
I immediately knew there was something wrong, when instead of 50 or so minutes, producing an image of 35GB, it was all over in 16 minutes with a file around 10GB.
I'm no expert but have checked as much as I can and the only difference I can spot, is that when copying the MBR1 Partition 02 237974 MiB it normally says Linux LVM but with 3.24 it has XFS at the end instead of LVM.
I've checked the command after selecting all the various options and as I far as I can see they are identical.
It doesn't match the timings but it seems to show it's backing up 475,000MiB with a normal backup but with 3.24, only around 47,000 ! Oh and I've tried both 32 & 64 bit versions. This is a 64 bit PC and am at a loss.
Cheers