3.22a behaves like 3.22 after change from VSS to Phylock
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Hi,
A new laptop running Windows 10 64-bit, IFW 3.22a installed. I had let it default to using VSS but after having 2 backups hang midway (and not exiting gracefully in response to Cancel button), I thought I would try changing back to Phylock which I had always used on previous PCs. When the backup launched it reported the number of bytes to process as essentially the whole disk size. It did not end up backing up that reported number of bytes, but the image was substantially larger at 147GB versus 89GB for previous VSS backups. In fact the behaviour was similar to that experienced with 3.22. The only change made was the switch from VSS to Phylock.
My confidence is shaken. Any insights, please?
TomB
A new laptop running Windows 10 64-bit, IFW 3.22a installed. I had let it default to using VSS but after having 2 backups hang midway (and not exiting gracefully in response to Cancel button), I thought I would try changing back to Phylock which I had always used on previous PCs. When the backup launched it reported the number of bytes to process as essentially the whole disk size. It did not end up backing up that reported number of bytes, but the image was substantially larger at 147GB versus 89GB for previous VSS backups. In fact the behaviour was similar to that experienced with 3.22. The only change made was the switch from VSS to Phylock.
My confidence is shaken. Any insights, please?
TomB