Page 1 of 1

Does Image for Linux back up the entire hard drive?

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:23 pm
by Jim22
Does Image for Linux back up the entire drive, including the boot area? I think I have a malware issue, causing the hard drive to run continuously, making normal operation very slow. In the past, I fixed this sort of problem by backing up recent documents, etc., and returning to an earlier image. It didn't help this time, and I wondered if the malware is in the boot area (or whatever this region is called). I'm running win10, and am using IFL I purchased years ago.
Jim

Re: Does Image for Linux back up the entire hard drive?

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:35 pm
by Bob Coleman
It depends. When backing up, you can select the entire drive or one or more partitions so what you are able to restore would depend on what was selected when the image was made.

Re: Does Image for Linux back up the entire hard drive?

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:37 am
by TeraByte Support
yes, and when you restore you can choose to install a standard mbr instead,
But if it's in the os boot sector in the os, then that wouldn’t' help.

You may want to run memtest86+ from memtest.org as weird problems can be
memory.


"Jim22" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Does Image for Linux back up the entire drive, including the boot area? I
think I have a malware issue, causing the hard drive to run continuously,
making normal operation very slow. In the past, I fixed this sort of problem
by backing up recent documents, etc., and returning to an earlier image. It
didn't help this time, and I wondered if the malware is in the boot area (or
whatever this region is called). I'm running win10, and am using IFL I
purchased years ago.
Jim