ifl_en_gui_x64 v3.21 display very small
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:56 pm
My PC is a Surface Pro 4 and I've successfully generated a USB flash drive
with ifl_en_gui_x64 v3.21.
To boot from this flash drive I have to set the Secure Boot option in the
UEFI to either 'Microsoft & 3rd party CA', or 'none'. In both cases IFL
boots ok. However if I set Secure Boot to 'Microsoft & 3rd party CA' all
items on the screen are shown 1/4 size, which makes them very hard to read.
(If I set Secure Boot to 'none' items are shown correctly as normal size.)
I would prefer to have the extra security of the 'Microsoft & 3rd party
CA' option so I can set this permanently and not have to go into the UEFI
every time.
Another problem with this generated USB flash drive is that the booted
system does not respond to a right-click from the track pad. This makes it
difficult to shut down cleanly. (This happens regardless of the UEFI Secure
Boot settings.)
(I also have a TBWinPE generated USB flash drive [v3.21], and this boots
successfully with no size problems, with either of the Secure Boot
settings).
with ifl_en_gui_x64 v3.21.
To boot from this flash drive I have to set the Secure Boot option in the
UEFI to either 'Microsoft & 3rd party CA', or 'none'. In both cases IFL
boots ok. However if I set Secure Boot to 'Microsoft & 3rd party CA' all
items on the screen are shown 1/4 size, which makes them very hard to read.
(If I set Secure Boot to 'none' items are shown correctly as normal size.)
I would prefer to have the extra security of the 'Microsoft & 3rd party
CA' option so I can set this permanently and not have to go into the UEFI
every time.
Another problem with this generated USB flash drive is that the booted
system does not respond to a right-click from the track pad. This makes it
difficult to shut down cleanly. (This happens regardless of the UEFI Secure
Boot settings.)
(I also have a TBWinPE generated USB flash drive [v3.21], and this boots
successfully with no size problems, with either of the Secure Boot
settings).