Backing Up Drive C to a Box.com Folder on Drive C
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:06 pm
My workplace uses a cloud storage system from Box.com. There is an application called "Box Drive" that has my cloud storage location behave like a normal folder on my computer. It simulates being a subfolder within my User folder on drive C.
So far I am successfully using ImageWin to back up my D drive to the Box Drive folder (backup is about 1/2 done, then will come the validation, and hopefully the entire procedure will complete without error). Assuming this works successfully, I want to then back up my C drive the same way. But how do I prevent ImageWin from trying to backup the Box Drive folder (which pretends to be on C)? If I don't exclude it, I am assuming I would get into some sort of recursive loop that would result in an error. Any suggestions?
So far I am successfully using ImageWin to back up my D drive to the Box Drive folder (backup is about 1/2 done, then will come the validation, and hopefully the entire procedure will complete without error). Assuming this works successfully, I want to then back up my C drive the same way. But how do I prevent ImageWin from trying to backup the Box Drive folder (which pretends to be on C)? If I don't exclude it, I am assuming I would get into some sort of recursive loop that would result in an error. Any suggestions?