Installed Bootit--UEFI to drive - now am confused
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:19 am
Hi,
I had Windows 10 installed on my laptop drive, then I decided to try to install Bootit-UEFI to the hard drive. Then, I used Bootit-UEFI to shrink the Windows partition and made 2 new partitions (for SWAP and for DATA).
So that was ok.
Then, I installed Image for Windows on the Windows and when I try to make a backup, it looks like i can only choose the ENTIRE DISK (C:, D: and E:)?
I really only want to image the Windows partition. Can I do that from Image for Windows?
For now, I booted back into Bootit-UEFI and made a image of the Windows partition to a USB drive.
Is this happening because when I installed Bootit-UEFI, I chose to let Bootit-UEFI manage the directories?
If so, can I somehow uninstall Bootit-UEFI and re-install it and NOT select to let it manage the directories?
And if I don't let it manage the directories, then will I be able to image just the Windows partition from IFW?
Thanks,
Jim
I had Windows 10 installed on my laptop drive, then I decided to try to install Bootit-UEFI to the hard drive. Then, I used Bootit-UEFI to shrink the Windows partition and made 2 new partitions (for SWAP and for DATA).
So that was ok.
Then, I installed Image for Windows on the Windows and when I try to make a backup, it looks like i can only choose the ENTIRE DISK (C:, D: and E:)?
I really only want to image the Windows partition. Can I do that from Image for Windows?
For now, I booted back into Bootit-UEFI and made a image of the Windows partition to a USB drive.
Is this happening because when I installed Bootit-UEFI, I chose to let Bootit-UEFI manage the directories?
If so, can I somehow uninstall Bootit-UEFI and re-install it and NOT select to let it manage the directories?
And if I don't let it manage the directories, then will I be able to image just the Windows partition from IFW?
Thanks,
Jim