Page 1 of 1

Fast Startup

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:44 pm
by Yottabytes
What Windows system flag does TBI Notify check to determine if the user has Fast Boot enabled? The reason I ask, is that I disable hibernation at beginning of every Windows clean install with the command powercfg -off. But IFW then complains that Fast Startup is enabled. I then have to do the following to shut it up:

Run the command powercfg -on
Reboot
Open the power config UI and uncheck fast startup
Then re-run powercfg -off to get TBI Notify to stop complaining.

Although I have never had an issue with image backups and restores even with Fast Startup enabled, I thought there might be a registry fix for this. :?:

Re: Fast Startup

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 pm
by TeraByte Support
you can just to go the tbinotify settings and click to disable it.


"Yottabytes" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

What Windows system flag does TBI Notify check to determine if the user has
Fast Boot enabled? The reason I ask, is that I disable hibernation at
beginning of every Windows clean install with the command powercfg -off. But
IFW then complains that Fast Startup is enabled. I then have to do the
following to shut it up:

Run the command powercfg -on
Reboot
Open the power config UI and uncheck fast startup
Then re-run powercfg -off to get TBI Notify to stop complaining.

Although I have never had an issue with image backups and restores even with
Fast Startup enabled, I thought there might be a registry fix for this.

![:?:]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif)



Re: Fast Startup

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:44 am
by Yottabytes
Sorry I overlooked that. Must be a relatively new option.