Using IFD and freedos to automate imaging
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:10 am
I have a Bing partition that includes IFD that I use sucessfully on two desktops and two laptops that run XP. It is the first partition on the disk. I recently acquired a Dell laptop running Windows 7. I deleted the first partition that was the Dell Diagnostic Utility partition. I moved things around so that I have room for a 102 MB partition, which is the first partition. I made an image from one of the XP machines using IFD and pasted it in. It began to boot but then gave some long string of numbers as an error code. I have fdos_f32.tbi and fdos_16.tbi from the file bing_ifd_auto.zip from the tbu web site and tried each of these. The 32 bit version gives a similar error code. It had read autoexec.bat and the screen showed boot menu options from it, but then it showed an error code. The 16 bit version loads the string FreeDOS and then hangs. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me to get FreeDOS to boot on that partition? I tried some different options while running the IFD restoration, but none helped.
Windows boots fine. I have no other os's that I am trying to boot.
Thanks,
John
Windows boots fine. I have no other os's that I am trying to boot.
Thanks,
John