Page 1 of 1

License info in pxeboot

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 pm
by robmorin
Hello all... I have successfully got IFL to boot via pxe and run the scripts i need, but it keeps asking for product key when imagel-gui starts?
I put in the tftpboot dir a file named ifl.ini with the following info in it but still no go... How do i prevent it asking for licensee data?

[License]
User=Company Inc. (1)
Name=Company Inc. (1)
ProductKey=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx


Thanks...

Re: License info in pxeboot

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:22 pm
by mjnelson99
Make sure you use the exact names in the license.
Mary

On 6/21/2018 2:19 PM, robmorin wrote:
> Hello all... I have successfully got IFL to boot via pxe and run the scripts i need, but it keeps asking for product key when imagel-gui starts?
> I put in the tftpboot dir a file named ifl.ini with the following info in it but still no go... How do i prevent it asking for licensee data?
>
> [License]
> User=Company Inc. (1)
> Name=Company Inc. (1)
> ProductKey=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
>
>
> Thanks...
>
>

Re: License info in pxeboot

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:38 pm
by robmorin
I do not actually have anything that says User, but i saw someone else used that syntax. I just noticed that when i look at the ifl.ini file after the pxe boot it looks like this

[OPTIONS]
[license]
productykey=
user=

I put the ifl.ini file in the /tftpboot directory where everything else is.
Maybe i am putting the ifl.ini file in the wrong place?
Thanks

Re: License info in pxeboot

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:11 am
by TeraByte Support
it needs to be on the root file system, can you create a script to run to
copy it over.

did you use the .iso or did you extract the files individually and use them.


"robmorin" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Hello all... I have successfully got IFL to boot via pxe and run the scripts
i need, but it keeps asking for product key when imagel-gui starts?
I put in the tftpboot dir a file named ifl.ini with the following info in it
but still no go... How do i prevent it asking for licensee data?

[License]
User=Company Inc. (1)
Name=Company Inc. (1)
ProductKey=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx


Thanks...


Re: License info in pxeboot

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:13 pm
by robmorin
I used makePXE to create the files and copied to /tftpboot

laptops boot fine off it, just that dam license... i tried copying it to / and /tbu still get the message when ifw runs

Re: License info in pxeboot

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:51 pm
by TeraByte Support
can you email support@ the steps you used to create your pxe boot disk and
we will attempt to reproduce and we will provide method on what needs to be
done.


"robmorin" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I used makePXE to create the files and copied to /tftpboot

laptops boot fine off it, just that dam license... i tried copying it to /
and /tbu still get the message when ifw runs