Page 1 of 1
Booting USB Key
Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:14 pm
by Mike
For the first time, I just successfully booted to a USB key installation of IFL on a new Lenovo laptop. Not knowing any better, I chose the UEFI option for IFL since the laptop is UEFI. When I ran IFL, it backed up a total of 14MB, finishing almost instantly. How can I figure out the problem and the solution? I'm using version 3.
Re: Booting USB Key
Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:44 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
What did you back up? What options did you use?
What does the ifl.log file show?
Re: Booting USB Key
Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:25 pm
by Mike
TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> What did you back up? What options did you use?
>
> What does the ifl.log file show?
I told it to back up all partitions by hitting the space bar, the same as I have done for years.
Re: Booting USB Key
Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:40 am
by TeraByte Support
sounds like you backed up the USB drive you booted and not your internal hard drive.
Re: Booting USB Key
Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:29 am
by Mike
No, I went back through it again to be sure. Plus, I installed a different build of configuration of IFL. I got the same result. The first and second partitions "image" in about four seconds. They obviously are not imaging. Would you like to see a video?
Re: Booting USB Key
Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:41 am
by TeraByte Support
Make sure you're using 3.18. Look under the "information" or "details" of each partition for used/free space.
Re: Booting USB Key
Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm
by Mike
Yes, I'm using 3. 18. Here's a terrible video I just shot of the process. Sorry about the reflection. The screen is very glossy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWTDzbKjI8
Re: Booting USB Key
Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 am
by TeraByte Support
For one, you don't have to tab, just press enter.
For two, when you highlight data, and press F1 for information, what is the
free/used space?
You can browse it via validate, or restore, file direct, go to that
partition, change the mask to just an asterisk * and see what is on there.
Did you used to have another drive that is not showing?
"Mike" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Yes, I'm using 3. 18. Here's a terrible video I just shot of the process.
Sorry about the reflection. The screen is very glossy.
[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWTDzbKjI8
](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWTDzbKjI8)