Exchange aware - full backup?
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 pm
First, I am not an exchange expert but i have a client that i setup with Image For Windows on their Windows Server. They had an exchange problem and when we sent a tech onsite, he went to restore the exchange log files from the backup and said they were not there.
We do a nightly image to external drives. He said the exchange log files were not there when he mounted the backup volume.
I assume he is correct and was wondering if there is something special we should have to do or check when imaging the exchange server? He thought maybe its not "exchange aware" ?
is this possible?
Thanks
We do a nightly image to external drives. He said the exchange log files were not there when he mounted the backup volume.
I assume he is correct and was wondering if there is something special we should have to do or check when imaging the exchange server? He thought maybe its not "exchange aware" ?
is this possible?
Thanks