CopyP2V won't boot
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:28 pm
Hello,
I've attempted numerous times to create a virtual from a physical and always end up with an "inaccessible boot device" error when attempting to boot the resultant virtual.
I've taken an image of the physical system, then run copyp2v.tbs (running TBOSDT As admin) (also did it by right clicking on the copyp2v.tbs script and run as admin), I've also run the TBOSDT (as admin) on the physical box itself (while running) and had it create the virtuals.
This is on a Windows 10 (64bit) computer.
I've created VHDX (dynamic); VHD (dynamic); VMDK (dynamic) and have attempted to boot the resultant VHD/VHDX on HyperV; attempted to boot VMDK in VMWare Workstation 14.
In each case, the Windows 10 logo appears, "hour glass" circle starts to circle, then blue screens to the Unable to start the system with the "inaccessible boot device"
I've tried IDE virtual drives; SCSI virtual drives; secure boot; no secure boot etc.
I've pulled/converted the virtual drives at least 4 times for each type and still get the same results.
Is there something I'm missing? I've watched the videos and read the manuals. It appears to me the script is pretty much automatic in it's conversion.
Is there something else I'm supposed to do before booting the virtual?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Beemusic
I've attempted numerous times to create a virtual from a physical and always end up with an "inaccessible boot device" error when attempting to boot the resultant virtual.
I've taken an image of the physical system, then run copyp2v.tbs (running TBOSDT As admin) (also did it by right clicking on the copyp2v.tbs script and run as admin), I've also run the TBOSDT (as admin) on the physical box itself (while running) and had it create the virtuals.
This is on a Windows 10 (64bit) computer.
I've created VHDX (dynamic); VHD (dynamic); VMDK (dynamic) and have attempted to boot the resultant VHD/VHDX on HyperV; attempted to boot VMDK in VMWare Workstation 14.
In each case, the Windows 10 logo appears, "hour glass" circle starts to circle, then blue screens to the Unable to start the system with the "inaccessible boot device"
I've tried IDE virtual drives; SCSI virtual drives; secure boot; no secure boot etc.
I've pulled/converted the virtual drives at least 4 times for each type and still get the same results.
Is there something I'm missing? I've watched the videos and read the manuals. It appears to me the script is pretty much automatic in it's conversion.
Is there something else I'm supposed to do before booting the virtual?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Beemusic