install the drivers prior to copying ensuring it can access drives on the
nvme drive or you can use osdtool.tbs to install them.
Also, double check the BCD using BCDEdit it BootIt Partition Work (but if
you use the drive image option to copy/restore, that be better since it does
updating automatically or as an option).
"mashedmitten" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Thanks for the reply.
Stop code says 'Inaccessible Boot Device'.
Boot item looks fine, Swap is enabled. It will boot to the W10 logo, but
will sit there for a few before throwing the error. One oddity is that
there's no entry in the Direct Boot menu.
I wasn't aware NVMe required drivers. Could you elaborate? Can I install
drivers to a freshly restored image and use it for the drive?
Let me paint a better picture, it was late last night.
I have 2 M.2 drives, one SATA III and the other NVMe. The SATA's Disk 0,
NVMe Disk 1. Disk 0 has BIBM installed, all disks are EMBR and Fast Boot's
disabled for all. The image I tried to restore is from Disk 0.
I tried installing W10 to the second disk from scratch using the same
instructions as if it were Disk 0, but had the boot item's Swap enabled. I
tried booting to it before installing so it would be tagged active and the
boot info written, but it created a partition on Disk 0 that wiped the BIBM
partition. It was a system reserved partition IIRC, little scramble with
this ATM.
I've scoured the KB, but I don't see instructions for the procedure. If
anyone has a link I'd be grateful. Meantime I'll investigate the driver
issue.