IFL insists on backing up unused sectors in GPT partition.
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:09 am
Hi - I have a new i7 32GB PC onto which I installed Centos 7.3 from their ISO media. The df -l command tells me the main partition has about 64GB on it. I added a 2nd SATA disk. I downloaded the latest IFL release and ran Makedisk on a Windows PC to make a 3.15 IFL CD. I loaded the CD into the CentOS machine, booted into IFL, and tried to do a full backup from the main disk to the 2nd (empty 160GB) disk. I used Boot-IT Bare Metal to see there were 3 partitions on the main disk.
a 200MiB EFI partition
a 1024 MiB "Linux Native" partition
and the main 19065504 MiB "GPT" partition.
I tried a backup of the whole disk, and of just the partitions, but either way, for the GPT, partition, it wants to backup the -entire- partition, even though only ~144GB is in use. I am not Backing up Unused Sectors, and I am Omitting Pagefile, etc.
how do I get it to ignore unused sectors in the GPT partition?
Thanks!
/j
a 200MiB EFI partition
a 1024 MiB "Linux Native" partition
and the main 19065504 MiB "GPT" partition.
I tried a backup of the whole disk, and of just the partitions, but either way, for the GPT, partition, it wants to backup the -entire- partition, even though only ~144GB is in use. I am not Backing up Unused Sectors, and I am Omitting Pagefile, etc.
how do I get it to ignore unused sectors in the GPT partition?
Thanks!
/j