Select Drive Or Partition To Restore???
Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 am
I have been trying to restore a partition I had imaged a couple of weeks ago.
IFW 3.06a. Using a PE Disk.
When I get to the screen where it says "Select Where Backup File is Located" I go and find it then click next. The next screen title is "Select Drive or Partition To Restore". ?? The thing is the drive shown is the one I want to restore my original image to. However, this drive (0)only shows one partition instead of 4 and the one partition it does show is of another image from the drive (0). And of course this 'partition' isn't what I want to restore but it is the only choice I have so I click next and now both drives show up (0), and my backup drive where I store my images. Then I select the partition to restore the image to and am told there is not enough room. so I check all the boxes so it will compress the image to fit then hit next and what shows up ready to restore is not the image I first picked but the one in the message box that only shows (0) drive and only one partition. My (0) drive has 4 partitions. I don't remember IFW used to ask me this before I upgraded. Can anyone please help me out? I must have built the PE with the wrong switches but I have no idea what I have done wrong.
Thanks, plain
IFW 3.06a. Using a PE Disk.
When I get to the screen where it says "Select Where Backup File is Located" I go and find it then click next. The next screen title is "Select Drive or Partition To Restore". ?? The thing is the drive shown is the one I want to restore my original image to. However, this drive (0)only shows one partition instead of 4 and the one partition it does show is of another image from the drive (0). And of course this 'partition' isn't what I want to restore but it is the only choice I have so I click next and now both drives show up (0), and my backup drive where I store my images. Then I select the partition to restore the image to and am told there is not enough room. so I check all the boxes so it will compress the image to fit then hit next and what shows up ready to restore is not the image I first picked but the one in the message box that only shows (0) drive and only one partition. My (0) drive has 4 partitions. I don't remember IFW used to ask me this before I upgraded. Can anyone please help me out? I must have built the PE with the wrong switches but I have no idea what I have done wrong.
Thanks, plain