Filesystem support for Image for Linux LVM Backups
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:44 am
Hi:
I siimply love Image fo Linux (registered copy). I use tit to image LVM (exit to command line, start-lvm,imagel). Is the XFS filesystem supported as a backup? Should I format the backup partition to XFS? Will Image for Linux be able to mount it? Right now I am fooling around with btrfs on a LV (I know this is sorta redundant but there are other aspects of this new filesystem I want to test). Not surprisingly Image for Linux doesn't seem to recognize that btrfs is a Linux FS. I suppose that may change in the future (feature request??) . However if XFS is supported I might just install the particular OS I'm testing (openSUSE 12.1) using XFX on LVM so I backup it up.
Thanks
Marty Felker
I siimply love Image fo Linux (registered copy). I use tit to image LVM (exit to command line, start-lvm,imagel). Is the XFS filesystem supported as a backup? Should I format the backup partition to XFS? Will Image for Linux be able to mount it? Right now I am fooling around with btrfs on a LV (I know this is sorta redundant but there are other aspects of this new filesystem I want to test). Not surprisingly Image for Linux doesn't seem to recognize that btrfs is a Linux FS. I suppose that may change in the future (feature request??) . However if XFS is supported I might just install the particular OS I'm testing (openSUSE 12.1) using XFX on LVM so I backup it up.
Thanks
Marty Felker