things I learned about resizing prior to restore
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:06 am
From (my old) memory I could have sworn that my first couple of attempts to restore a resized (smaller) data image did not show the newly created extended volumes for target to restore.
IFD seemed to have a problem with restoring a smaller data image to a newly created larger volume.
It reported the OLD partition size before resizing.
Then on the third attempt the volumes appeared and I restored the data partition to the ntfs volume, but it still reported the volume size as the previous (before resizing) smaller size. It made the extra space in the volume into free space and I had to resize again to be congruent with the new larger volume size.
Also I forgot that fat32 cannot transfer large files, so my idea to use that partition to hold large images will not work and I had to delete and remake as an ntfs partition. Why is there no extended dos option in the file system menu?
IFD seemed to have a problem with restoring a smaller data image to a newly created larger volume.
It reported the OLD partition size before resizing.
Then on the third attempt the volumes appeared and I restored the data partition to the ntfs volume, but it still reported the volume size as the previous (before resizing) smaller size. It made the extra space in the volume into free space and I had to resize again to be congruent with the new larger volume size.
Also I forgot that fat32 cannot transfer large files, so my idea to use that partition to hold large images will not work and I had to delete and remake as an ntfs partition. Why is there no extended dos option in the file system menu?