Restoring image with Image for Windows unsuccessful
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:58 pm
Hello,
I'm attempting to restore an image (.TBI) using Image for Windows but the drive I've restored to is not bootable. On boot of restored disk I get the following error:
Status: 0xc000000e
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
I thought the backed up image was a full-disk backup and that restoring would be simple but it isn't. It's possible that I've created the image incorrectly as I've read in the TeraByte docs that an image of partitions is different than a full disk backup?? I'm unclear on this or if it's relevant.
The imaged drive has the same 3 partitions as the original with the exception that the OS partition on the original shows (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) in Windows Disk Manager but the restored drive only shows (Primary Partition), presumably this is my problem although I thought boot info wasn't in OS partition on Win7?
The OS is Windows 7 Pro and my version of Image for Windows is v2.81.
Attempts to re-image the drive have failed as it has some bad sectors in the Dell recovery partition, this is the reason for the restore of a previously saved image, any guidance would be appreciated. Is it possible to copy boot information from existing disk to newly restored one using Diskpart?
Thanks,
mbytes
I'm attempting to restore an image (.TBI) using Image for Windows but the drive I've restored to is not bootable. On boot of restored disk I get the following error:
Status: 0xc000000e
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
I thought the backed up image was a full-disk backup and that restoring would be simple but it isn't. It's possible that I've created the image incorrectly as I've read in the TeraByte docs that an image of partitions is different than a full disk backup?? I'm unclear on this or if it's relevant.
The imaged drive has the same 3 partitions as the original with the exception that the OS partition on the original shows (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) in Windows Disk Manager but the restored drive only shows (Primary Partition), presumably this is my problem although I thought boot info wasn't in OS partition on Win7?
The OS is Windows 7 Pro and my version of Image for Windows is v2.81.
Attempts to re-image the drive have failed as it has some bad sectors in the Dell recovery partition, this is the reason for the restore of a previously saved image, any guidance would be appreciated. Is it possible to copy boot information from existing disk to newly restored one using Diskpart?
Thanks,
mbytes